Scientific Computing and Scientific Data Analysis are big in Durham. From all the different departments adn institutes, our interdisciplinary course collaborates in particular with the following Durham institutions:
- Durham’s Institute for Computational Cosmology (ICC) provides a (scientific) home for many of the lecturers from MISCADA.
- The Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology (IPPP) provides a (scientific) home for many of the lecturers from MISCADA.
- The Institute for Data Science (IDAS) is Durham’s youngest institute. Many projects of MISCADA align with the Institute’s agenda, and many lecturers from the MSc are members of IDAS.
- The Department of Physics is involved in MISCADA and responsible both for core modules and the specialisations.
- The Department of Mathematical Sciences champions most of the statistics lectures in MISCADA, but also a few other math-heavy lectures.
- Computer Science is the lead department behind MISCADA, i.e. it is responsible for the overall course.