The MISCADA Industry Talk Series hosts a couple of talks by industry partners. Partners typically
introduce their company; and
present research and development challenges they currently face; or
present successful research projects (in collaboration with MISCADA); and
pitch some project ideas for a dissertation over the summer, which then are co-supervised with a Durham academic.
The event is hosted as MISCADA Industry Talk under the umbrella of the seminar series of Durham’s Institute for Data Science.
- 15 January 2021: Patrick Stowell (Geoptic Infrastructure Investigations Ltd): Cosmic Ray Imaging of Large Critical Infrastructure
- 22 Januar 2021: Alvaro Orsi (PlantTech): Opportunities in Data-driven Horticulture
- 29 January 2021: Bram Reps (Sentiance): Making smartphones smarter for a human-centric economy
5 February 2021: Matthew Jones (Shell Projects & Technology): Data Science in Shell – postponed –
- 12 February 2021: Florian Rupp (Kutaisi International University & Center of Conflict Resolution, Munich): Thinking in Models
- 5 March 2021: Matthew Jones (Shell Projects & Technology): Data Science in Shell [originally scheduled for February]